Topics: treating people well
I. Build your life on the solid rock!
* Obedience to Scripture is what guides our lives with wisdom!
- Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock? (Matthew 7:24, 25).
- But each man must be careful how he builds on it. For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 3:10b, 11).
- Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God (Hebrews 6:1).
- You are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit (Ephesians 2:19b-22).
II. Don?t build your life on sinking sand!
* Disobedience to Scripture is what trashes our lives with foolishness!
- "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house, and it fell - and great was its fall" (Matthew 7:26, 27).
- "Let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead - by this name this man stands here before you in good health. He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, butWHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNERstone. And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved? (Acts 4:10?12).
- Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness" (2 Timothy 2:19).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins July 24th, 2022.