Topics: certainty, faith, hope
I. God's plan has been explained in history
* Human kingdoms operate by divine appointment and permission!
- Daniel said, "I was looking in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the great sea. And four great beasts were coming up from the sea, different from one another" (Daniel 7:2, 3; See also Isaiah 57:20, 21; Revelation 17:15).
- Certainty is found in the precise fulfilled prophecies in history (Daniel 7:4-6).
II. God's plan is prophesied for the future
* Political events are the production of the divine spiritual activity!
- "After this I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrifying and extremely strong; and it had large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet; and it was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth uttering great boasts" (Daniel 7:7, 8; See also Daniel 7:11, 12).
- And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore. Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names. And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority (Revelation 13:1, 2).
III. God's plan is to establish an eternal kingdom
* God's eternal purpose is unfolding exactly as He has ordained it!
- "I kept looking until thrones were set up, and the Ancient of Days took His seat; His vesture was like white snow and the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne was ablaze with flames, its wheels were a burning fire. A river of fire was flowing and coming out from before Him; thousands upon thousands were attending Him, and myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; the court sat, and the books were opened" (7:9, 10).
- See Daniel 7:13, 14 and Revelation 13:8-10.
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins February 21st, 2021