Topics: devotion, Jesus Christ
I. A cause about the upper story
* The Cause of Christ is the only cause of eternal value!
- Review 2 Corinthians 11:21b-23.
- For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:17, 18).
II. A cause with obvious hardships
* The Cause of Christ is worth the costs of tribulations!
- Review 2 Corinthians 11:24-27.
- Strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, "Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).
III. A cause promoting intense concern
* The Cause of Christ elicits empathy for hurting people!
- Review 2 Corinthians 11:28, 29.
- For I have no one else of kindred spirit who will genuinely be concerned for your welfare. For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:20, 21).
IV. A cause of radical conversion
* The Cause of Christ shows the power of God in our weakness!
- Review 2 Corinthians 11:30-33.
- "I thought to myself that I had to do many things hostile to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. And this is just what I did . . . when they were being put to death I cast my vote against them. And as I punished them often in all the synagogues, I tried to force them to blaspheme; and being furiously enraged at them, I kept pursuing them even to foreign cities. While so engaged . . . I saw a light from heaven" (Acts 26:9-13).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins July 12th, 2020