Topics: trust God, strength, action
I. Recognize the schemes of the devil
* Antiochus Epiphanes IV was a human pawn of demonic powers!
- A king will arise, insolent and skilled in intrigue. His power will be mighty, but not by his own power, and he will destroy to an extraordinary degree and prosper and perform his will; he will destroy mighty men and the holy people (Daniel 8:23b, 24).
- He will use intrigue (21), deception (23), bribery (24), schemes (25), evil (27), lies (27), betrayal (27), apostates (30), stop true worship (31), smooth words (32), torment (33).
- So that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes (2 Corinthians 2:11).
II. Grow in spiritual insight and knowledge of God
* People who know their God grow in strength and spiritual insight!
- By smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will display strength and take action (Daniel 11:32).
- Jesus answered, "If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, 'He is our God'; and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you, but I do know Him and keep His word" (John 8:54, 55).
III. Prepare for refining fires of persecution
* People who know their God will take action despite the consequences!
- Those who have insight among the people will give understanding to the many; yet they will fall by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder for many days. Now when they fall they will be granted a little help, and many will join with them in hypocrisy. Some of those who have insight will fall, in order to refine, purge and make them pure until the end time; because it is still to come at the appointed time (Daniel 11:33?35).
- "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap. He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the Lord offerings in righteousness" (Malachi 3:2, 3).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins June 27th, 2021