Topics: prayer, truth, spiritual revival
I. Know that God hears our prayers
* Daniel is greeted by Gabriel while he was still praying!
- Now while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God, while I was still speaking in prayer, then the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision previously, came to me in my extreme weariness about the time of the evening offering (Daniel 9:20, 21).
- "It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear" (Isaiah 65:24).
II. Know that God grants us wisdom
* Daniel received insight and understanding of the vision!
- He gave me instruction and talked with me and said, "O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding" (Daniel 9:22).
- The righteous cry, and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:17, 18).
- But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him (James 1:5).
III. Know that God loves us deeply
*Daniel is affirmed that he is greatly beloved by God!
- "At the beginning of your supplications the command was issued, and I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed; so give heed to the message and gain understanding of the vision" (Daniel 9:23).
- See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure (1 John 3:1-3).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins April 25th,2021