Topics: divine revelation
I. Do not worship the messenger
* Nebuchadnezzar's amazement sparked a posture of worship to Daniel!
- Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face and did homage to Daniel, and gave orders to present to him an offering and fragrant incense (Daniel 2:46).
- When Peter entered, Cornelius met him, and fell at his feet and worshiped him. But Peter raised him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am just a man" (Acts 10:25, 26).
- See Acts 14:13-15.
II. Do worship the one true God
* Nebuchadnezzar's answer focused the honor back on Daniel's God!
- The king answered Daniel and said, "Surely your God is a God of gods and a Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, since you have been able to reveal this mystery" (Daniel 2:47).
- "You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him and swear by His name" (Deuteronomy 6:13).
III. Do embrace greater influence
* Nebuchadnezzar's gifts and promotion secured Daniel positive impact!
- Then the king promoted Daniel and gave him many great gifts, and he made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon and chief prefect over all the wise men of Babylon (Daniel 2:48).
- Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity (Colossians 4:5).
IV. Do honor fellow workers
* Nebuchadnezzar's appointment came because of Daniel's request!
- And Daniel made request of the king, and he appointed Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego over the administration of the province of Babylon, while Daniel was at the king's court (Daniel 2:49).
- Therefore we ought to support such men, so that we may be fellow workers with the truth (3 John 8).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins October 18th, 2020