Topics: invest, serve
I. Servants are motivated by love!
*The boundless love of Jesus inspires us to serve others!
- Now before the Feast of the Passover, Jesus knowing that His hour had come that He would depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end (John 13:1).
- "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples if you have love for one another" (John 13:34, 35).
II. Servants are secure in their identity!
*Being confident in our true identity frees us to serve others!
- During supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray Him, Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God, got up from supper, and laid aside His garments; and taking a towel, He girded Himself. Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples? feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded (John 13:2-5).
- Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come (2 Corinthians 5:17).
III. Servants preserve divine fellowship!
*Confessing all known sins cleanses us to graciously serve others!
- Review John 13:6-11.
- But if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).
IV. Servants are eager to get involved!
*Personal involvement confirms our faith in Jesus as we serve others!
- Review John 13:12-17.
- Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful (Titus 3:14).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins August 21st, 2022