Topics: Daniel, antichrist, God's word
I. He will be a charismatic reader
* Be discerning and don't be gullible!
- Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done (Daniel 11:36).
- There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him (Revelation 13:5).
II. He will be a cunning leader
* Be involved and don't be passive!
- He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god (Daniel 11:37a).
- For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist (2 John 7).
III. He will be a cultic leader
* Be wise and don't forget the truth!
- For he will magnify himself above them all. But instead he will honor a god of fortresses, a god whom his fathers did not know; he will honor him with gold, silver, costly stones and treasures (Daniel 11:37b, 38).
- Who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God (2 Thes. 2:4).
IV. He will be a cruel leader
* Be kind and don't let your love grow cold!
- He will take action against the strongest of fortresses with the help of a foreign god; he will give great honor to those who acknowledge him and will cause them to rule over the many, and will parcel out land for a price (Daniel 11:39; See Zechariah 14:2, 3).
- See 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10.
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins July 11th, 2021