Topics: mind, heart, life
I. Mold my mind
- Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, And I shall observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may observe Your law And keep it with all my heart. Psalm 119:33-34
- I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11
II. Mold my heart
- Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it. Incline my heart to Your testimonies And not to dishonest gain. Psalm 119:35-36
- Ephesians 2:1-3
- So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27
III. Mold my life
- Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity, And revive me in Your ways. Psalm 119:37
- Ecclesiastes 2:1-11
- Establish Your word to Your servant, As that which produces reverence for You. Psalm 119:38
- Turn away my reproach which I dread, For Your ordinances are good. Psalm119:39
- Behold, I long for Your precepts; Revive me through Your righteousness. Psalm 119:40
Sermon by Pastor Dane Nissen, November 12th,2023
Life group flow and discussion questions
An important Guideline of Life Groups: Victory in the Christian life is often experienced through the Body of Christ. We need to personify our Lord's victory by expressing love and forgiveness to one another.
- How do you genuinely feel about God's word? Does it make you happy or sad? Joyous? Confused?
- What does your Bible time look like on a daily basis?
- Can you follow a command if you don't understand, or can you be obedient without knowing the why?
- Do you truly delight in walking the path of the Lord's Commandments?
- Who is the keeper of your heart? (Career Kids Wife God etc.)
- Where do you put your time into Godly things or worthless things?
Now What? Application:
- How can you steward a better and deeper love for God's word?