Topics: God's ability, God's will
I. Do not lead us into temptation
* Like the three Hebrew men, we will all face temptations!
- Then the herald loudly proclaimed: "To you the command is given, O peoples, nations and men of every language, that at the moment you hear the sound of the horn, flute, lyre, trigon, psaltery, bagpipe and all kinds of music, you are to fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king has set up. But whoever does not fall down and worship shall immediately be cast into the midst of a furnace of blazing fire" (Daniel 3:4-6).
- See 1 Corinthians 10:12, 13.
II. Deliver us from evil
*Like our three faithful warriors, we will experience opposition!
- For this reason at that time certain Chaldeans came forward and brought charges against the Jews . . . "There are certain Jews whom you have appointed over the administration of the province of Babylon, namely Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego. These men, O king, have disregarded you; they do not serve your gods or worship the golden image which you have set up" (Daniel 3:8, 12).
- "Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way" (Luke 6:26).
III. Yours is the kingdom
*Like our three heroes, we can choose to worship and honor God!
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. If it be so,our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up" (Daniel 3:16-18, emphasis added).
- Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen (Ephesians 3:20, 21).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins October 25th, 2020