Topics: prayer, faith, the Lord's Prayer
- "'Give us this day our daily bread'"(Matthew 6:11).
- Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is my portion, that I not be full and deny You and say, "Who is the LORD?" Or that I not be in want and steal, and profane the name of my God (Proverbs 30:8b, 9).
- Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow (James 1:17).
II. God's pardon
- "'And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors'" (Matthew 6:12).
- Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven" (Matthew 18:21, 22).
III. God's safeguard
- "'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil'" (Matthew 6:13a).
- Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren (James 1:13-16; cf. 1 Corinthians 10:13).
IV. God's sovereignty!
- [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.] (Mt. 6:13b).
- Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen (Ephesians 3:20, 21).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins April 3rd, 2022.