Topics: believe, persuasion, Christ
I. True saints are honest with feelings
* Daniel was candid with his feelings and sought godly counsel!
- "As for me, Daniel, my spirit was distressed within me, and the visions in my mind kept alarming me. I approached one of those who were standing by and began asking him the exact meaning of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things: . . . At this point the revelation ended. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts were greatly alarming me and my face grew pale, but I kept the matter to myself" (Daniel 7:15, 16, 28).
- For by wise guidance you will wage war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)
II. True saints overcome the Antichrist
* Daniel has a vision of the Antichrist waging war against the saints!
- "I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was passed in favor of the saints of the Highest One" (Daniel 7:21, 22a; See also Revelation 12:11).
- It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain (Rev 13:7, 8).
III. True saints possess the kingdom of God
* Daniel knew that the victory was promised to the saints of God!
- "But the court will sit for judgment, and his dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever. Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him" (Daniel 7:26, 27).
- ?"All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world'"(Matthew 25:32-34).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins February 28th, 2021