Topics: worship, who do you worship, God's love
I. Who or what do you worship
*Who or what sits on the throne of your heart?
- God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Psalm 63:1-2
II. His love is better than life
*Satisfaction is found only in Christ
- Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You. Psalm 63:3
- And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, Ephesians 2 1-6
III. Live out worship
*Worship is a lifestyle!
- So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. Psalm 63:4
- Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12 1-2
- Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.1 Corinthians 10:3
Sermon by Pastor Dane Nissen, July 16th, 2023
Life group flow and discussion questions
An important Guideline of Life Groups: satisfied is a term used a lot in our world today but as we discuss the sermon from this week, it is important to think about satisfaction in your own life.
- Do you feel satisfied?
- What does worship look like to you?
- Who or what do you see yourself placing on the throne of your heart?
- What do you run to feel satisfied when life gets hard? And how long does that satisfaction last?
- Do you practice quiet time? When and how?
Now What? Application:
- How can you live a life of worship?
- How can you seek God not just in the morning and night but throughout your day?