Topics: questions, seeking answers, Daniel
I. Read the Bible
* The primary way to find true answers is in God's Word!
- In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the kingdom of the Chaldeans in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, observed in the books the number of the years which was revealed as the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet for the completion of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years (Daniel 9:1, 2).
- This whole land will be a desolation and a horror, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years (Jeremiah 25:11).
- For thus says the Lord, "When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place" (Jeremiah 29:10).
II. Respond with dialogue
* A further way to find true answers is in passionate prayer!
- So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications (Daniel 9:3a).
- "For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you" (Jeremiah 29:11, 12).
III. Repent with humility
* The attitude needed to find true answers is humble teachability!
- So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes. I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed and said, "Alas, O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and loving kindness for those who love Him and keep His commandments, we have sinned" (Daniel 9:3-5a).
- "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you," declares the Lord, "and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile" (Jeremiah 29:13, 14).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins April 11th, 2021