Topics: praise, the Lord's praise
I. Respond with adoration
* Daniel praises God for His attributes!
- Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven; Daniel said, "Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, for wisdom and power belong to Him. It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men and knowledge to men of understanding. It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him" (Daniel 2:19-22).
- Praise the Lord! Praise, O servants of the Lord, Praise the name of the Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forever. From the rising of the sun to its setting the name of the Lord is to be praised (Psalm 113:1-3).
II. Respond with thankfulness
* Daniel thanks God for answered prayer!
- "To You, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for You have given me wisdom and power; even now You have made known to me what we requested of You, for You have made known to us the king's matter" (Daniel 2:23).
- Now one of them, when he saw that he had been healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice, and he fell on his face at His feet, giving thanks to Him. And he was a Samaritan. Then Jesus answered and said, "Were there not ten cleansed? But the nine - where are they? Was no one found who returned to give glory to God, except this foreigner?" (Luke 17:15?18).
III. Respond with selfless action
* Daniel thought of others in his obedience!
- Therefore, Daniel went in to Arioch, whom the king had appointed to destroy the wise men of Babylon; he went and spoke to him as follows: "Do not destroy the wise men of Babylon! Take me into the king's presence, and I will declare the interpretation to the king" (Daniel 2:24).
- Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful (Titus 3:14).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins September 27th, 2020