Topics: path, Jesus, road less traveled
I. Two gates!
- A. The road with the wide gate: Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned (Romans 5:12).
- B. The road with the small gate: "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture" (John 10:9).
II. Two ways!
- A. The road that is the broad way: There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death (Pr. 14:12).
- B. The road that is the narrow way: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me (John 14:6; see Acts 4:12; see 1 Timothy 2:3-6).
III. Two crowds!
- A. The road with the many:* See Ephesians 2:1-3
- B. The road with the few: And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them, "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able" (Luke 13:23, 24; see Matthew 22:14).
IV. Two destinations!
- A. The road that leads to destruction: These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power (2 Thessalonians 1:9).
- B. The road that leads to life: "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life" (John 5:24; see Colossians 1:13, 14).
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins July 3rd,2022.