Topics: change, God, serve
I. Children of wrath
- And you were dead in your offenses and sins, in which you previously walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all previously lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the rest. Ephesians 2:1-3
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Romans 3:23
- For the wages of sin is death? Romans 6:23a
II. But God
- But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our wrongdoings, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the boundless riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:4-9
- And He *said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of people." Matthew. 4:19
III. Saved to serve
- For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
- "just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many." Matthew 20:28
Sermon by Pastor Dane Nissen, January 1, 2023
Life group flow and discussion questions
What changes everything?
An important Guideline of Life Groups: Discuss in your Life Group what has changed your life and the way you live.
- What has had the most impact on the way you live?
- Read verses 1-3, can you recall a time in your life where that was your reality? (child of wrath, following the desires of the flesh)
- What was your "but God" moment when he came into your life?
- What has changed in your life since your bright Christ in to it?
These three questions make up your testimony.
Now What? Application:
- Are you ready and willing to do the good works God has prepared for you?
- What are some areas your holding back from God? and why are you holding back?