Topics: Jesus, faith
I. "I never knew you, depart!" (Mt. 7:23)
Mere lip service does not save!
- Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven . . . Many will say to Me on that day, "Lord, Lord'" (Matthew 7:21a, 22a).
- See Matthew 15:7?9.
Mental assent does not save!
- "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven . . . Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord'" (Matthew 7:21a, 22a).
- You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe and shudder (James 2:19).
Religious activity does not save!
- "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'" (Matthew 7:22).
- For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God (Romans 10:3).
II. "Well done - joyfully enter!" (Mt. 25:21, 34)
Doing the will of God saves!
- "He who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter" (Matthew 7:21b).
- "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day" (John 6:40).
Being born again spiritually saves!
- "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again'" (John 3:7).
- See 1 Peter 1:3-5
Obedient faith in Jesus saves!
- See James 2:14-17
- See Ephesians 2:8-10.
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins July 17th, 2022.