Topics: salvation, conviction, persuasion
I. Pernicious evil exists!
- A. Natural evil: Our fallen world has physical corruption! (See Romans 8:19-22)
- B. Moral evil: All humans are sinful and have a corrupt nature! (See Romans 3:10-18)
- C. Supernatural evil: Demonic beings are causing chaos and pain! (See Ephesians 6:12 and Revelation 12:7-9)
II. The biblical God exists!
- A. God is sovereign: He is in charge and absolute control of everything! (See Isaiah 46:9, 10)
- B. God is omniscient: He is all-knowing and knows the end results! (See Psalm 139:1-4)
- C. God is loving and good: His character is love, goodness, and grace! (See 1 John 4:16-19; Luke 18:19)
III. God has a purpose for evil!
- A. God was not surprised by evil:(See Acts 2:22-24; 4:27, 28)
- B. God allowed evil for His glory: (See Romans 3:5; Job 42:1-6)
- C. God will judge evil and usher in His kingdom:(See Revelation 21:3-5)
IV. Jesus is God?s answer to evil!
- A. Jesus (See Colossians 2:13-15; Romans 3:23-26)
- B. Jesus (See Colossians 1:13-15; Romans 5:1, 2)
- C. Jesus (See Colossians 3:1-4; Romans 8:16-18)
Sermon by Pastor Rod Akins July 31st,2022.